Thursday, April 9, 2009

Illustration Friday: Fleeting

These ladybugs are enjoying the rain before it fleets away (does that work?) 

Rainy days,
Splashing the bugs away.
On their way to where they slide around.
Can you tell me how to get,
How to get to Ladybug Street?
(Think Sesame Street's song.)

OK, so don't roll your eyes. I hope you like the illustration anyway. And if you like the splashes (like I am happy they turned out), you have my husband to thank. The idea came from the film, Microcosmos, by the way. 

12 comments:

John said...

nicely done and I adore lady bugs

MrBibleHead said...

works for me.. Nice work!!!

Edith S White said...

hehe I love it, good work!

Elmaira said...

sooo adorable! <3

Ria said...

Uh..uh..uh....I love this one! And the lady bugs are perfect!LOL.

Diane said...

this is very cute. I love the bugs

Linda Kay said...

:) Angela: I like the image very much! It works for fleeting--that moment of delight in playing in the rain, gone as soon as the sun comes out. Nice work!

Nancy Bea Miller said...

So cute!

Roberta said...

I love lady bugs!
Really cute and it looks like a lot of fun too!

Ginger*:) said...

Wonderfully cute. And now you have me singing the song...can't get it out of my head *:)

LittleMissMachete said...

very nice. Joyful and playful!
It works! ;o)

thedoodlegirl said...

How whimsical and fun! Love it.