I'm in the process of revising my portfolio again. Here are a few bw spots I finished today (that have been waiting to be painted for quite a while). I should also be able to post some illo's from the book I illustrated last year any time now, so be on the lookout!
The printer/scanner I raved about a while ago gave us ink problems, so Epson sent us a replacement. Unfortunately, the replacement doesn't pick up the variations nearly as well as the other one did. The teacher's hair isn't nearly as starkly black as you now see, and the black blob by the elephant's mouth is really his tongue hanging out. I tried for some time in GIMP (like Photoshop) to make things look more decent, but it wasn't working. Sigh. I'll just have to wait for something like another job so I can justify buying a new printer/scanner (the replacement doesn't allow me to print on my watercolor paper, either).
I hope you like the illo's. They were fun to create!