Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jessica's Window



I've had an idea for a story (Jessica's Window) for almost three years, but I never thought about illustrating it until a few months ago. Every now and then, of course, I had tried to illustrate a story, but I always became so frustrated and quit. A few months ago my mom asked if she could use one of my stories at church, and if I could illustrate a few pictures to go with it. I'd already thought about illustrating a dummy for Jessica's Window, and even had illustrated a few sample pictures, but I'd procrastinated the complete dummy (since it seemed rather daunting to me). After talking to my mom, I decided to take on the task and drew most of the dummy. To my surprise, it was so much fun! Instead of the frustration I've had every other time I've tried to illustrate something big, I found the challenge exciting! Above is one such illustration I finished yesterday. I hope you like it.

By the way, I finally ordered my first set of promotional postcards. They should get here in a couple weeks. It's exciting and scary at the same time. I keep telling myself that it may take years of sending out postcards before anything happens. But if I work hard, hopefully some day my dream will come true!

1 comment:

Paige Keiser said...

These are wonderful! You owe it to yourself to send this out - if not, thirty lashes with a wet noodle from ME! ;-)